Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How many clothes can three people own?

It is not a rhetorical question either. I use two hours of my day on the purging process. That means that for two hours every day, I go through the house picking clothes that I am taking to Florida, clothes that I am keeping while I am still in PR, clothes that I am throwing away and the rest goes to charity.

I just packed my bag. It is full, it might fit about three more pieces of clothing. I packed two big bags of clothes for charity. I'm not even halfway done. Every time I empty a closet, I find a box under a bed or another closet to empty. That is not including the six loads of laundry that we have done already, the six or seven we still have to wash and the four bags of clothes I already sent to charity at the beginning of the year. I get tired just looking at the closets.

Tomorrow is another day. I hope that purging will be done. I dream of the day when the only clothes in my closet are the ones I am keeping for now. I look forward to the day I start purging my books...ok, not really. I have enough books for two libraries. Since all I am taking is the books and the clothes, everything else is getting sold, I hope that is all the purging I will do. I have 43 days left and only 38 to do it. I guess I better get back to work.

Keep trying.

No comments:

My secret hideaway

My secret hideaway