Friday, June 19, 2009

The countdown continues

This blog has turned into my diary of a move. Today, I realized that when the clock strikes midnight, I will have exactly 6 weeks before I get on the plane. I have to get a move on.

What have I accomplished? A complete state of panic. I don't have enough time or energy to get this done in 41 days, I tell myself. And then my stomach starts getting ugly on me. I am desperate, but I will not drink a soda...that is bad for me. So I take another water bottle. And another. No alcohol, no Coke, just water. It is beginning to get on my nerves but that is the only thing I can do.

I have lost four pounds in the last two weeks, just by dropping the soda out of my life. I can't backtrack on that progress. My butt is beginning to look like a butt again. I can see something resembling a flat belly. Even my breasts stopped hurting. I am seing progress in one area.

Now all I have to do is channel that energy on other things. I have started to make the move in my business as well, little things that will create a big impact later. Now all I have to do is to get a move on the packing.

I am working on the laundry. I had a problem with the hanging rope, I had none. I could not hang clothes to dry. We solved that yesterday when the last one gave out on us. Hopefully the water company gets moving and we get water pressure and I can do more than a load every three hours (with normal water pressure I can do 3 in those same three hours). I should be done with the clothes on Monday.

I also plan a last Garage Sale next Saturday. I need to clean the furniture (and empty it) so that I can get pics on the Classified and on the flyers. I have great expectations for this next one: the last two made me about $600 and the furniture was not ready yet.

Let's keep a positive attitude and I will keep you informed.

No comments:

My secret hideaway

My secret hideaway