Friday, November 28, 2008

Goal setting - writer's block

I am reading a book that challenged me to write a list of measurable goals. Things like: trip to Italy in the summer of 2010 or learn to scuba-dive and get certified by the summer of 2009. I have the piece of paper and the pen ready, and to my shock, even though I have tons of goals, I get writer's block.

What is so hard about putting goals on paper? Could it be that my brain knows that once they appear on paper I have to work on achieving them? And that terrifies me? Wow, what a dilemma.

I don't know why all of a sudden I find it so hard to get through this. I know it has something to do with the seriousness of my intentions. I have every intention on following through on that list. I know I can do it, but fear is paralyzing me.

I will not give up on my dreams. I will not sit here and pretend that I don't have goals and dreams I want to reach. I will not fake my way through life anymore. I will do what needs to be done, to get my goals on paper and start working towards achieving them. This time, fear is not going to stop me. I will keep trying.

No comments:

My secret hideaway

My secret hideaway