Monday, June 1, 2009

New countdown, only 60 days left

The actual date has not been set in stone. It seems to be somewhere near August 1st. There are two reasons for this. I am a little behind, and #2, Anna has to be in school on August 24th. We have a couple of days to play with since I want to make sure we are there way before the 24th, to solve some last minute appointments with her school.

I have wasted a couple of weeks in things that I thought would help me as a person. Turns out that my initial impressions, that I am a lot better off than I thought, and that I know what works for me, was right. I don't believe any one system works for EVERYBODY in the world, and if that was true, there would not be a thousand ways to loose weight, many different psychology practices or coaching methods. If we were all the same, we would all wear the same clothes, like the same shoes, see the same movies. If we all had the same likes and dislikes, we would only eat certain foods. Life is as colorful and different for every person as love and tastes are. The same is true for teaching methods. We have regular school, Montessori, etc. We all do not think or act or speak the same way.

It does not make you a bad person to do things your way. It makes you a bad person to do bad things. Those bad things are determined by God's rules, civilized law and your own morals and ethics. Not all people live by the same rules. And that is ok. If you like purple hair and three rings on your tongue, no one should stand in judgment of you. If I want to sell most of what I own to be able to afford to ship what I don't want to sell, that is my concern.

It is often said that we are one. We all belong to the Universe, or God, or whatever definition you believe in. That is true. It is also true that we are all individuals, what you bring to the table is different from what I have for this world. That is what some people call the "Gift". Do not let anyone tell you that there is only one way to do something, to improve your life or to use your gift. In your heart, you know what the way is. If something feels wrong to your gut, if it makes you feel less authentic or less true to yourself, get away from that person or thing that makes you feel that way. In the end they might call you names, they might say you were irresponsible or stupid, they might even call you good for nothing or mediocre. If you are true to yourself and use your gift wisely, success by whatever way YOU measure it, is its own reward. You live in the world and you should only please two entities - God (or however you call the Source), and you.

When August comes, I will have moved on to my next adventure and this chapter of my life will be a distant memory. I will take the lessons I learned from all my experiences, I will continue to grow and evolve and I will always be true to myself. And I will never stop believing in myself and my ability to decide what is good for me and what is not. Sorry if some think I am mediocre, I have lived and continue to live, an extraordinary life. Maybe the naysayers should look inside themselves and ask, why they choose to insult what they don't understand. Keep trying!!!

No comments:

My secret hideaway

My secret hideaway