Sunday, August 10, 2008

Returning to basic: what is the goal and the motivation

I need to take this seriously if I want to succeed. And in order to succeed I need to remember why I started this to begin with. The motivation: a six week trip to Italy in the summer of 2009. My goals for the next 12 months are simple:
1) To spend as much time as possible with my daughter since this is her last year of high school, so that next year I can release her to the world without feeling overwhelm or guilty for what I did not do.
2) To loose 5 pounds a month for the next 10 months so that I go to Italy weighting 150 pounds (or less).
3) To bring my credit score to over 700, which is where it was before I purchased the house and my debt to income ration went nuts.

It is very easy to forget that everything I do is in order to accomplish one of those goals. So I need to sit back and remember why I did this, and in the process, go back to the way my life should be.

A lot of people think that being negative and saying no is the same thing. Lately, I have been saying no to a lot of things. It has nothing to do with being negative, it has everything to do with being able to accomplish my goals. Women, specially Latin women, have a tendency to say yes to everything and then complain that they have too much going on. I learned that the hard way. Now, I pick and choose what I say yes to, and in the process, I set limits on what I will and will not do. It is really simple, if the action does not help one of those three goals, the answer is NO.

Keep trying.

No comments:

My secret hideaway

My secret hideaway